HORSE AREA RULES
You and your horse are here as an exhibit for the general public. Please take pride in your horse and the appearance of the barn and grounds.|
Include the following on your stall:
name and cell phone number
4-H leader’s name and cell phone number
Veterinarian’s name and number
- Please check with your 4-H Leader to see what day your club is scheduled to help out with the daily horse show activities
- If you are registered as an independent you must check with the Horse Superintendent on Monday for your assignment
- No cross-tying or stall guards allowed
- Bedding is required in your horse’s stall
- No Smoking
- Dogs must be on a leach at all times
- Aisles must be kept clear
- No horses allowed in center aisle
- Manure must be put in manure spreader (not garbage cans)
- Horses to be fed between 6:30AM-7:30AM
- Water and stalls are to be maintained at all times
- There will be a nightly check at 10:00PM and at other random times
11. ALL horses MUST be in stalls at 10:00PM
12. Lights out in barn and tent at 11:00PM
13. NO HORSES allowed in or around Pavilion area
14. Proper footwear must worn at all times when working with your horse (NO flip-flops)
- Exhibitors and horses will be required to stay on the grounds until 5:00PM Sunday. ALL REQUESTS FOR EARLY DEPARTURE/LATE ARRIVAL MUST BE WRITTEN BY YOUTH EXHIBITOR AND SUBMITTED WITH FAIR REGISTRATION. Premium money will be forfeited unless written permission is given.
- Stalls and barn are to be kept clean at all times. Stalls are to be thoroughly striped and cleaned and VERIFIED by the BARN SUPERINTENDENT before departure or premium money will be forfeited.
- No adult/non-exhibitor is allowed on a horse without the permission of the Horse Superintendent.
- All horses must be led to and from all rings, practice, and make-up areas.
- No lunging in any arenas when there are riders present.
- PARENTS/TRAINERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO COACH ANY EXHIBITOR WHILE THE CLASS IS IN PROGRESS.
- A daily check of the feed, water, and cleaning will be done
Mandatory Exhibitor Meeting & Pizza Party
on Sunday after check-in at 9pm